January 2, 2011

Painted Feet and Happy TOMS



Over Christmas I painted my very first pair of TOMS shoes. TOMS are absolutely hands down my favorite shoes. Comfort, color variety and the ability to pass them off in some business casual settings are only a few of the perks. Not to mention putting shoes on shoeless children in other countries for buying a pair...

But I digress. So this was my first pair to paint. I had seen other people doing this type of thing, but hadn't had a request to paint it or the time to do it for myself. So a close family friend of ours approached me about doing a pair for her teenage daughter. Of course I was elated to get to do such a cool project! I covered the natural white colored shoes in an acrylic medium meant to help with painting on fabric. Then I used acrylic paints, fabric paint, and paint pens to decorate the shoes. I also used some glitter paint to give it some sparkle!

I think they turned out great but I am waiting on a "wear and tear" response in a few weeks from the girl wearing them!

I got a new pair (I'm up to 4 pairs now...) and I think I want to paint a cool paisley design on them. Hmmmm.

I think painting TOMS will explode in the near future...ready, SET, PAINT!

1 comment:

Haley said...

Any word on the wear and tear of the painted Toms?